Submitted by Alissa Burgess
Clocktower Gifts & Boutique will welcome Vera Bradley Brand Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy, daughter of Vera Bradley and sister of company co-founder Barbara Baekgaard, to their store on Nov. 6. Guests will enjoy the opportunity to hear anecdotes of Vera Bradley’s history, personal stories and the remarkable women behind the company at a special event to raise funds for breast cancer research.
“We’re delighted that Clocktower Gifts & Boutique is raising funds for breast cancer research,” says Catherine Hill, executive director of the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. “Our Vera Bradley retailers are the perfect ambassadors to help us bring more awareness and support to our corporate cause.”
The Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer was founded by Vera Bradley co-founders Barbara Bradley Baekgaard and Patricia Miller in 1998. To date, it has contributed more than $17 million to the world renowned research team in the Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis. The team of researchers at the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer Research Laboratories is making significant progress and gaining national recognition for their work in the following areas:
• detection of cancer long before tumors form;
• identification of women at high risk for developing breast cancer;
• breast cancer prevention discoveries;
• safer and more effective therapies through individualized therapy based on genetics;
• better treatment of recurrences of breast cancer and prevention of metastasis;
• enhancing lives of survivors through approaches that improve both length and quality of life.
Impressive sales of the Vera Bradley breast cancer awareness colors generate part of this revenue, but another significant portion is the donors like Clocktower Gifts & Boutique and those who support their events. For more information about the Vera Bradley Foundation visit verabradley.org